A blog dedicated to recipes and food from here at home and around the world

Monday, February 6, 2012

Bollywood Bistro

I have tried most of the Indian food establishments in Columbus, and I have to say, Bollywood bistro on Bethel Road, is probably my favorite. I've only had their lunch buffet, but it includes all of their specialities, and its only $8.99.

The best part is they give you made to order naan with your buffet, either plain or garlic. We always get the garlic, its always perfectly light and warm, topped with shredded cilantro leaves.

They always have a very good variety of food, from carbs to proteins to vegetables and fried goods.

Everytime I go they have something new that I have not had before, and this time it was a cauliflower dish where two cauliflower were cooked whole in a rich, spicy tomato sauce.

Palak Paneer is a spicy spinach dish with little pieces of fried cheese. This is one of my favorite ways to have spinach. The spinach is creamy, spicy, and amazing with the naan they serve here.

Their chana masala is always perfectly seasoned and cooked, a lot of places dont cook the chickpeas enough and are a bit hard, but theirs are always perfectly soft and seasoned.

Their tandoori chicken is always spot on. The meat is a beautiful red color, and very tender. Its served on top on grilled onions and peppers.

The chicken tikka they have is less spicy and much creamer than most that I have had. I love the flavor and texture of the chicken, as it is not more overpowering than the sauce, they compliment each other perfectly. The spices are not as overpowering as a typical chicken tikka masala dish, part of the charm of this one.

Indian deserts are a lot different than the ones we are used to in the U.S., but gulab jamun is one many can agree on. Ive had some really bad gulab jamun,and really good ones, but this one at Bollywood bistro is by far my favorite.

The gulab jamun is incredibly light and delicate, and the syrup melts into it to form a very moist desert. I would go back to this restaurant just for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment